Dr. Mostafa Hussein Omar, a psychiatrist and academic consultant at Behman Hospital, Cairo, brings a breadth of experience. He received his education from Ain Shams University, Faculty of Medicine. A member of the UK's Royal College of Psychiatrists, Dr. Omar specializes in treating depression, anxiety, and PTSD. He's dedicated to training the next generation of mental health professionals.
- Equip clinical psychologists and psychiatrists with the essential knowledge and skills to define suicide and self-harm objectively.
- Cover the risk factors of suicide in both the general population and special groups, such as the elderly and those with HIV.
- Examine global suicide rates and determine the current rates of suicide in Egypt based on the latest public data.
- Present the issues regarding the legality and stigma of suicide.
- Help you learn the importance of reporting on suicide in a responsible and sensitive manner, as well as the impact it has on families, friends and communities.