Welcome, and Thank you for using O7 Therapy services!
It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
1. Types of Data Collected
a. Personal Data
You can visit the website without telling us who you are or revealing any information by which someone could identify you as a specific, identifiable individual. However, if you choose to use our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you.
Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Name or nickname
- Date of birth
- Usage Data
b. Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the service.
Usage Data may include information such as your device’s internet protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service by or through a mobile device.
c. Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our service.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data stored in text files that are saved on your computer or other devices when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to remember you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”).
Session cookies are temporary cookies that are used during the course of your visit to the website, and they expire when you close the web browser.
Persistent cookies are used to remember your preferences within our website and remain on your desktop or mobile device even after you close your browser or restart your computer. They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for you while visiting our website or using our services.
Cookies may be set by the website (“first-party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”). These third parties can recognize you when you visit our website and also when you visit certain other websites.
What type of cookies do we use?
a. Necessary cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administrated by: O7 Therapy
Necessary cookies allow us to offer you the best possible experience when accessing and navigating through our website and using its features. For example, these cookies let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged into that account to access the content.
b. Functionality cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administrated by: O7 Therapy
Functionality cookies let us operate the website and our services in accordance with the choices you make. For example, we will recognize your username and remember how you customized the website and services during future visits. These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website.
- Tracking and performance cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administrated by: Third Party
These cookies are used to track information about traffic to the website and how users use the website. The information gathered via these cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the website. We may also use these cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the website to see how our users react to them.
What are your cookie options?
If you don’t like the idea of cookies or certain types of cookies, you can change your browser’s settings to delete cookies that have already been set and to not accept new cookies. To learn more about how to do this or to learn more about cookies, visit internetcookies.org
Changes and amendments
We reserve the right to modify this policy relating to the website or services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this policy on the website. When we do we will post a notification on the main page of our website. Continued use of the website after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
- Managing personal information
You are able to delete certain personal information we have about you. The personal information you can delete may change as the website or services change. When you delete personal information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised personal information in our records for the duration necessary to comply with our obligations to our affiliates and partners, and for the purposes described below. If you would like to delete your personal information or permanently delete your account, you can do so on the settings page of your account on the website.
- Storing personal information
We will retain and use your personal information for the period necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your personal information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. Once the retention period expires, personal information shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
4. Use of your personal data
The company may use personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our s
- To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of the s The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the s
- To contact you: To contact you by email or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to u
- To protect from abuse and malicious users
- To improve user experience
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service, to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our service, to contact you, to advertise on third party websites to you after you visited our service or for payment processing.
- With Business Partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
5. Retention of your personal data
The company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
6. Disclosure of your personal data
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information including all credit / debit cards details. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may disclose your information in case of:
Under certain circumstances, the company may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The company may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
- The rights of users
You may exercise certain rights regarding your information processed by us. In particular, you have the right to do the following:
- You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your information.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your information if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
- You have the right to verify the accuracy of your information and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your information, in which case, we will not process your information for any purpose other than storing it.
- You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your personal information from us.
- You have the right to receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that your information is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Data Security
At O7 Therapy, privacy and confidentiality are our first priority. We have built our technology and infrastructure to serve this purpose in the first place.
We secure information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of personal information in its control and custody.
Below are our initial privacy and confidentiality standards:
- You don’t need to identify yourself with your real name
We only ask you to add a nickname to be identified with on the system (See more about staying anonymous here) (link)
- All data is Encrypted using 256-bit TLS encryption
End-to-End Chat Encryption allows for secure communication where only the intended recipient can read the secured message. Zoom uses both asymmetric and symmetric algorithms to encrypt the session. Session keys are generated with a device-unique hardware ID to avoid data being read from other devices. This ensures that the session cannot be eavesdropped on or tampered with.
- Sessions are not recorded
Any communication with your therapist is not recorded whether video or audio, only text messages are saved for you to get back to at any time, however, you have the option to delete specific or all messages saved.
- O7 is HIPPA compliant
O7 guarantees that all technical, physical, and administrative safeguards and company policies and procedures meet HIPAA requirements of privacy and confidentiality.
- Detailed information on the processing of your personal data
Service providers have access to your personal data only to perform their tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service.
Mixpanel is provided by Mixpanel Inc.
You can prevent Mixpanel from using your information for analytics purposes by opting-out. To opt-out of Mixpanel service, please visit this page: https://mixpanel.com/optout/
- Google Analytics
We implement Google Analytics features that use display advertising information for Google Analytics demographics and interest reporting.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for display advertising, to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, by going to the Google Analytics opt-out page. (Here’s the link:https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Age limitation to use our services
Our service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We also may limit how we collect, use, and store some of the information of users between 13 and 18 years old. In some cases, this means we will be unable to provide certain functionality of the service to these users.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
- Link to other websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- Acceptance of these terms
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this Agreement or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to it, you may do so via the contact form
This document was last updated in May 2020